(Step 3) PUBLIC IP ADDRESSES
FamilySearch Centre computers and printers connect to the Internet using PUBLIC IP addresses
FamilySearch Centre printers only, will use a STATIC IP address from the range 192.168.108.15 to 19. with .15 being the default for one printer.
- An IP Address is a unique reference, each and any computer has, to identify it on the World-Wide-Web.
- An IP Address can have one of two formats, which are IPv4 and IPv6. ( Internet Protocol Version)
Examples could be 192.168.193.31 for an IPv4 Address
and fe80::5167:d626:dc67:3fb4%5 for an IPv6 Address.
- To determine a computer's IP Address, Look for the IP Address value in Settings. view a help video here.
Click: Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Ethernet > Network
The reasons for this change of Internet connection type are as follows:
- Help secure the Church’s networks
- Free up many IP address ranges
- Simplify networks in meetinghouses
- Improve the stability of the Premium Websites Extension